If you are interested in local history, or are looking for something interesting to do outdoors this weekend, the River Line Historic Area will be hosting an open house between 11am and 3pm at Shoupade Park.
From Roberta Cook, Executive Director:
Visit us at your leisure on Saturday March 11 or 18 between 11am – 3pmat Shoupade Park on Oakdale Road in Smyrna. The highlights include:
- Complimentary spontaneous tours by Civil War Historian, Michael Shaffer
- View of the “unfinished Silver Comet” railroad track needed to join the trail to Atlanta’s Beltline
- River Line Historic Area Master Plan map display and promotional items
- Fundraising to replace the deteriorated Shoupade Park Entrance sign
- Cobb County and National Historic Register display
- River Line Historic Area adopted historic cemeteries
- Free parkingThis is a Phoenix Flies event organized by the Atlanta Preservation Center inpartnership with The River Line Historic Area nonprofit and Connect the Comet,a citizen advocacy to finish the Silver Comet Trail to Atlanta’s BeltLine Trail.More details on the RLHA home web page: www.riverline.orgSee you there!!