Although a house may have sat on the northwest hill beside the covered bridge, the present house was built by John W. Rice in 1907. He purchased the mill interest from his father, Z. A. Rice. The Rice House is a Georgia and Cobb County Historic Place. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on April 8, 1983.
More detailed information can be found about John W Rice and this house on the National Registry nomination form.
This structure is on private property and is not open to the public.