Concord Covered Bridge Historic District

John Gann House

Built int he 1840’s by State Senator John Gann on land awarded in the Gold Land Lottery of 1832, this farm house survived the Battle of Ruff’s Mill because a “Yankee General saw the Masonic flag flying from an upstairs…
Read more

Henry Clay Ruff House

The house on the northeast side of the covered bridge is believed to date to the beginning of the grist mill. Earliest deed of record is May 17, 1856. As the residence of the first grist miller, Henry Ruff, the…
Read more

John W. Rice House

Although a house may have sat on the northwest hill beside the covered bridge, the present house was built by John W. Rice in 1907. He purchased the mill interest from his father, Z. A. Rice. The Rice House is…
Read more

Martin Luker Ruff House

Martin L Ruff, along with Robert Daniel, moved to this area in the 1840’s to establish several mill works along Nickajack Creek. No photographs have been found of the original house, but it is believed to date from the 1850’s….
Read more